The repeal of the said solar tax, aid and subsidies and social awareness of the urgency of betting on renewable and ecological energies, caused the installation of solar panels for home
How do solar panels for the home work?
the the operation of solar panels is quite simple, which can be summarized in the following steps:
- The first phase of the process is the collection of sunlight using photovoltaic panels. A charge regulator controls the voltage and intensity of the current.
- The next step is to transform direct current into alternating current to be consumed at home. For this, a device is called an inverter.
- Finally, surplus energy is stored in solar batteries (if it is an isolated installation) or are injected into a building connected to the electricity network (this energy is purchased for a price agreed by the electricity company and deducted from the bill).
What Are The Best Solar Panels For Your Home?
What are the conditions to be able to install solar panels in your house?
The installation of solar panels is subject to compliance with two types of requirements: count on appropriate means And meet the necessary regulations and authorizations.
As regards the means, the essential requirement is to have at home coverage of sufficient quality. To do this, it must have the following characteristics:
- The cover must be in good condition to withstand the installation process and the weight of the photovoltaic panels without any problem.
- The cover orientation must be sufficient to be able to have enough hours of sunshine per day. The more direct sunlight it receives, the more efficient and cost-effective the installation will be.
The installation of solar panels also requires a series of permits, contracts, projects and certificates determined by the regulations in force, the main ones being:
- Installation system project.
- Building permits, fees and taxes.
- Access and connection permissions.
- Environmental, operating, public utility and other administrative authorizations.
- Self-consumption installation contract.
- Initial and periodic inspections.
How to install solar panels: the 5 basic steps
The solar panel installation process should always be performed by a specialized and experienced professionals, in order to be able to perform each of the necessary steps:
Step 1. Installation proposal and preliminary study
The first step in installing solar panels is to develop a photovoltaic installation proposal depending on different parameters: housing possibilities, analysis of current consumption, hours of sunshine received, weather in the region, etc.
Subsequently, a team of professionals make a previous study where the type and number of plates are required and its orientation. It is also mandatory to process the corresponding permits and licenses.
Step 2. Install and mount the photovoltaic installation brackets
Before placing the solar panels, it is necessary to mount support structures supports. Different systems are depending on the type of plate and the degree of inclination of the roof.
Step 3. Fixing the solar panels
Once the brackets are installed, the next step is to place on them photovoltaic panels. It is essential to repair them correctly and safely to avoid that over time; they will come loose and cause an accident.
Step 4. Connection to the electric inverter
The panels are connected to an electrical inverter that transforms the current to be used in the house. In this process, continuous energy is converted into alternating energy. This interconnection of the panels can be done in series, between the modules of the same row, or in parallel, to connect the rows.
Step 5. Connect the batteries
Suppose you need to store the energy generated by the plates, which is essential in isolated areas where there is no electrical network. In that case, it is necessary to connect the batteries to a hybrid inverter, a device with the ability to manage the loading and unloading thereof. Battery connections can be made in parallel, in series or by combining the two systems.
Installation of solar panels with micro-inverters
Micro-inverters can incorporate additional functions:
- Monitoring the installation’s electrical energy production
- Connecting to Wi-Fi
- Displaying on the screen actual and cumulative consumption data
Installing panels in the home involves an initial investment that can pay off in 7 to 10 years through monthly savings on every bill. However, the economic stake is not the only advantage that solar panels provide in homes. It is renewable and ecological energy, which is a valuable alternative in the current context. It has become essential to join forces to counter global severe environmental problems such as global warming and the greenhouse effect.