Sometimes it happens to us that when we arrive at a place that (almost) no one usually likes, we end up amazed and surprised with its hidden charms. This happened with Las Vegas: we arrived thinking that it would be a plastic city, where everything revolves around casinos, an artificial madness in the middle of the desert … And reality, it was like that, only that surprisingly we liked it a lot. Do you want to know everything to see and do in Las Vegas? We tell you the best 45 things!
We have had a great time and would not have minded extending our stay a few days … we even won (yes, only $ 20 that we lost later, obviously).
1. Get a first idea of the city walking through its most legendary street, “The Strip,” where most casinos are located. During the day it is quiet and if you travel in June, like us, VERY hot. At night is pretty crazy. You know: what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas 😉
2. Attend (at least) a show at the Bellagio Fountains. We saw Titanic, although, at 45 degrees, it was challenging to enter the atmosphere.
3. Visit Freemont Street at night and don’t miss their show: “Freemont Experience.”
4. Take a selfie with the “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” sign; it is one of the city’s symbols.
5. Explore Downtown, the “old” area of Las Vegas, and where it all began.
6. On Route 66, we fell in love with the neons on the roads and with the United States’ venues because, in Las Vegas, there is a museum dedicated to them: the Neon Museum. The only bad thing? Admission: $ 18
7. Step onto the MGM Garden Arena and fulfill a boxing fan’s dream.
8. Stay in a hotel-casino. We were looking at a few, and in the end, we decided on The Linq, much more modern than most other casinos and cheaper. It has a pool, an unbeatable location and they give you a voucher for breakfast … come on, a success! (We found a great offer since weekdays is usually very cheap, the weekend goes up a lot, it is still the most convenient).
For us, it is one of the best things to see and do in Las Vegas, yes, no doubt!
9. Play the $ 0.01 slot machines (yes, there are XDs). Even if you don’t expect to get rich.
10. Win … and play it again to end up losing it, of course, 😮
11. Do you know that you can see the Brooklyn Bridge … without going to New York? Yes! In Las Vegas, everything is possible 🙂 yes, it is much smaller than the original XD
12. Freak out with a Cirque du Solei show. There are also many different ones daily: you can choose between KÀ, LOVE, Michael Jackson ONE, O (water show), for example, 🙂
13. Marvel in front of the Luxor pyramid, a hotel-casino set in ancient Egypt.
14. The most successful casino for us is The Venetian, where it will seem to be walking through the most romantic Italian city.
15. In the casinos, remember to always carry your documentation with you, especially if you are – over 21 years old – well-behaved (Lety forgot her passport in the room and had to go back for it since a security officer did not trust that she had 32 years XD).
16. Look for a clock inside a casino. Spoiler: you will not find it, they will do everything to make you lose track of time, and they do. We also have a hypothesis; they put caffeine in the air so that people do not want to sleep.
17. As you may have already deduced, many casinos are set in different movies, cities, or themes. One of those casinos worth a visit is the Excalibur, although we did not see King Arthur.
18. Enter the tallest building in Las Vegas: the 350-meter Stratosphere Tower. ($ 18).
19. There, if you dare, you can go up to one of its three attractions (we anticipate that they are not suitable for those who suffer from vertigo).
20. Come face to face with the Eiffel Tower … oh la la!
21. See an erupting volcano: we’re talking about The Mirage. And no, it is not real … it is, of course, part of a casino!
22. It hallucinates with the number of people, including old ladies 0_o, who distribute advertising not suitable for minors, and it is that Las Vegas is the city of sin, it is known.
23. Do you like amusement parks? In the Circus, the famous themed casino, there is the Adventuredrome.
24. Ride the roller coaster at the Casino “New York, New York .” It costs $ 15 and is one of the weirdest things to do in Las Vegas.
25. Another thing to see and do in Las Vegas is riding the High Roller, the highest panoramic Ferris wheel in the world.
26. Go to an ATM to get… cupcakes 🙂 You can find it here: 3545 South Las Vegas Boulevard.
27. There are plenty of shopping opportunities in Las Vegas, although if you want to find real bargains, the best thing to do is go to the Las Vegas North Premium Outlet or the Fashion Show. Casino shops are costly, yes, as one man said to his friend while looking at a $ 40,000 statue, “still cheaper than my divorce.”
28. One of the best things to see and do in Las Vegas is to get married! Las Vegas is known worldwide for its fun weddings where the typical priest here is a double of Elvis XD If you plan to take the “big” step, here is information on how to get married (and the price!).
29. Are you a fan of Rome? Come to the Ceasar Palace and enjoy its setting (although like Rome, none).
30. And, of course, take a day to visit the Grand Canyon, one of the most amazing places in the world, if you don’t have a car and are not considering renting it.
Tired? Courage… there are a few more things to see and do in Las Vegas!
31. Eat at Heart Attack and see if you can finish your 9,000 calorie burger without suffering consequences (luckily, for your heart, there are less risky options). If you weigh more than 158 kg… you eat for free 😮
32. Do you know that there is a “las vegas and a” version of the Hollywood Walk of Fame? The stars are spread along Las Vegas Boulevard, between Sahara Avenue and Russell Boulevard. You won’t see all of them because some have been taken down in the last few years.
33. If you are going to spend several days in Las Vegas, a good excursion is the Valley of Fire, not very well known.
34. By the way, if you enter the city by car, let it be with “Viva Las Vegas !” playing at total volume.
35. Check out the concerts there during your visit: Las Vegas is one of the places where most (and best) performances are given every day …
36. The MOB Museum (National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement) is an exciting visit, where you will learn more about the history of the mafia in the United States.
37. If you like chocolate, be sure to visit Hershey’s Chocolate World, a store full of delicacies that will make you fat instantly.
38. Speaking of things that make you fat, many do buy a voucher to eat at various buffets in the Caesar chain, known as “The Buffet of Buffets .” If you are a good eater, it may be good for you; although there are cheaper options to eat in Las Vegas, we recommend a few restaurants where you can eat in Las Vegas.
39. Make a list of free casino shows and try to attend all of them.
40. Take an excursion to the Hoover Dam, it is easily reached by car, and it is pretty worth it: it impresses!
41. And of course, to Death Valley, one of the most famous National Parks in the United States (and the hottest, without a doubt).
42. Another perfect excursion to spend a few hours is approaching Red Rock Canyon, just 20 minutes away.
43. If you only have one day, it is best to make the most of it. How? A good idea is to take a night tour that will take you to discover the best of Las Vegas at night when the city is at its best.
44. Another great idea is to get to know the city from above … but high! We suggest you get on a plane: do you dare?
45. Come back, spending a few days in this surreal “oasis” is fun and a few days of disconnection never hurt 🙂
Here we have left you some ideas of things to see and do in Las Vegas, but there are many more plans. Do you have any other suggestions? You know, leave us your comment!